POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Colors : Re: Colors Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:32:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colors
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 26 Feb 2005 15:46:08
Message: <cjameshuff-384D4C.15462326022005@news.povray.org>
In article <web.421c9f15c512c6a9a278c9190@news.povray.org>,
 "Georg Olesen" <vib### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>   I have a very simple question, and yet I can't figure it out my self:-(
> How do I, say color a sphere with the one half red and the other half
> green? Or how do I make a box, where all the sides are blue except for one
> which i red with a white cross on it?

In addition to the other suggestions, you could use an object pattern
with a simple plane for the first one...it'd actually be simpler than
using a gradient pattern.

The box would be difficult to do with an object pattern, though, the
suggestion of using an intersection of planes is probably best. However,
you should note that POV will not automatically bound such an
intersection. If you have a lot of them in the scene, you should
manually bound them.

--
Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] gmailcom>
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>