POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Tips for using mencoder (or other encoders)? : Re: Tips for using mencoder (or other encoders)? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tips for using mencoder (or other encoders)?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 3 Dec 2003 14:58:57
Message: <cjameshuff-3550D5.14582203122003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3fce2444@news.povray.org>, Wolfgang Wieser <wwi### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

> If the image disortion is 1/4 black, it may be a 4-byte RBG versus
> 3-byte RGB problem, notably when encoding from non-YUV sources (i.e.
> not jpeg). I once wrote a very dirty patch to make PNG -> MPEG encoding
> work but it will not apply to recent versions.

Great...I've been trying to encode from PNG.

> Hard to tell more from your unspecific description "won't play properly".

Starts playing ok, except that the right 1/4 of the image is black and
the actual contents of the movie are squashed into a square on the left
side, and about 1/4 of the way into the movie it sometimes stops
playing. Playback is jerkier than it should be.

> Ah, and don't use too many fancy flags with MPEG1, a lot of them
> need higher versions (mpeg4).

I don't even know any "fancy flags". I'm just trying to get something to
work. And the error messages are incredibly unhelpful...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/