POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media interaction : Re: media interaction Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media interaction
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 9 May 2003 20:14:42
Message: <cjameshuff-2FD5BD.20144509052003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3EB### [at] xithnet>, Eleven <pov### [at] xithnet> wrote:

> I've just been teaching myself POVray in the last several days, and only
> just started working with media. I'm trying to get an effect where one
> light source is scattered and absorbed quite a bit by the media, but
> other light sources are not affected. The result (which I don't know if
> it's possible) would be that one of the objects in a scene has a bit of
> a halo, while everything else is perfectly visible. Unfortunately, even
> with "media_interaction off" in the other light sources, a high
> absorption will black out the entire scene.

Don't use absorbing media. Use scattering media with an extinction of 0.
Actually, the way you're doing it is rather limiting and CPU intensive,
just putting emitting media around the object would be better.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/