POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wavelength to RGB converter? : Re: Wavelength to RGB converter? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wavelength to RGB converter?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Mar 2003 21:11:05
Message: <cjameshuff-2FB581.21110704032003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e655440@news.povray.org>,
 "Ian J. Burgmyer" <the### [at] maccom> wrote:

> Aliases in Mac OS might be implemented differently than symbolic
> links in Linux and Windows NT.  Maybe one of the Mac OS developers
> around here can answer that... *nudges Chris and Thorsten* ;)

They are different, not quite like either symbolic or hard links. I
think they work this way: they contain a link to the actual file, so if
the file gets moved around, they stay attached to it. They also contain
the last location of the file, so if it gets deleted and replaced with
another, the alias points to the replacement. That way, aliases don't
break when files move around, and generally do what the user wants to do.

I don't know if/how POV handles them, though.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/