POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Some ideas about SDL enhancements : Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 3 Apr 2003 21:27:18
Message: <cjameshuff-2EE709.21275603042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e8bf222$1@news.povray.org>, "Mael" <mae### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> I don't know if it'd be easy to implement but it could be a plus to know
> which object is intersected to allow postprocessing on limited part of the
> output. Something like
>
> sphere { ... object_id 1 }
> box { ... object_id 2 }
>
> f_output_iobject_id : return 1 if intersection is on the sphere, 2 for the
> box..

A better idea might be some group label.

sphere { ... object_groups "mask A", "mask B" }
box { ... object_groups "high AA" }

And then have exclude_groups and include_groups options for the filters,
and/or filters that use the groups for other things like masks.

Hmm, a shorter possible alternate syntax:

sphere { ... }: "mask A", "mask B"
box { ... }: "high AA"

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg