POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lotsa Photons (Literally!) : Re: Lotsa Photons (Literally!) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lotsa Photons (Literally!)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 23 May 2004 13:55:48
Message: <cjameshuff-286B3F.12561123052004@news.povray.org>
In article <40ae885a@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   Having an infinite object being the target for photons is one reason
> for the photon calculations to take forever.

But note in this case that it is an intermittent problem...not a problem
with the scene, but a bug somewhere. Something's either uninitialized or
getting written over. Unfortunately, finding it is likely to be very
difficult...the problem can be literally anywhere, and will behave
differently on different machines. It might even be a bad piece of RAM
in the affected system...but I think other people have reported similar
things.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/