POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Global INI-File : Re: Global INI-File Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:46:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Global INI-File
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Dec 2003 19:59:12
Message: <cjameshuff-27D72F.19584304122003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3fcf9617@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

> Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:
> > (note: it is usually "hidden" due to the first dot in its name)
>
>   It's debatable whether a file can be called "hidden" simply because
> ls doesn't list it by default.
>   I'm not aware of any other program which would not "see" it as any
> other file. Even "echo *" lists all files.

It *is* a convention that files beginning with "." are considered
invisible. "echo *" doesn't list all the files, it echos a string of all
files matching "*" to standard output...dot files match that expression,
so they are included.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/