POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Thinking about J2K... : Re: Thinking about J2K... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thinking about J2K...
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 8 Mar 2004 16:18:16
Message: <cjameshuff-26355D.16181608032004@news.povray.org>
In article <404cb4ee@news.povray.org>,
 stephen parkinson <ste### [at] zmemw16demoncouk> wrote:

> talking to someone who actually i assume got work to purchase a
> hardback book entitled 'jpeg2000' and their experiences, i had the
> distinct impression that the focal blur operation of povray could be
> removed, provided of course we implemented the facility of jpeg2000.
> personally speaking, i can't see the point

No...focal blur can't be replaced with a file format. The two are so
different that I have no idea how you could think this was so...focal
blur is an optical simulation. JPEG2000 is a file format for storing
images.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/