POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wishlist : Re: POV Wishlist Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Wishlist
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 17 Mar 2004 07:04:35
Message: <cjameshuff-1D9640.07044217032004@news.povray.org>
In article <mo6g501d7c7cm15eim39k64mhug29jjf3v@4ax.com>,
 Peter Popov <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote:

> This comes up quite often and the problems with it are well known. But
> what do you think of XML? The scene structure is internally very well
> defined and there are no ambiguities, so XML with a proper doctype (or
> whatever is applicable for XML that defines the various tags and their
> parameters etc.) might actually have its use, even maybe for limited
> exporting from POV to other formats.

Bloated, the resulting files would be huge, and it adds another layer of
parsing. A binary format would be much faster to load, and far more
compact. I don't like XML...I do like the concept behind it, but I think
the execution sucks.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/