POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My second subject... : Re: My second subject... Server Time
12 May 2024 21:08:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My second subject...
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Dec 2003 22:33:13
Message: <cjameshuff-190736.22324905122003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3fd10926@news.povray.org>, "Carl Hoff" <hof### [at] wtnet> wrote:

> Ok... I've looked at some of the cartoon rendering technics and it looks
> like they are aimed at how to highlight the edges of the subject.  That's
> not quite what I'm after.  Its more like I want the wire frame of my tank
> turret to be highlighted.  However my turret is a CSG built up from POV-Ray
> primitives.  I'm still thinking about this one.

Well, POV primitives (with the exception of things like mesh,
height_field, and bicubic_patch) don't have anything resembling
wireframe data, and raytracing isn't too good at drawing lines...they
would have to be post-processed in. It looks to me like this is what was
done with Tron...raytracing for the main scene objects, composited with
a simplified, edited wireframe.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/