POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : object media interaction : Re: object media interaction Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:35:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object media interaction
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 7 Nov 2003 17:03:11
Message: <cjameshuff-152D3C.17021607112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3fac0a66c881e4ced888c9910@news.povray.org>,
 "pal### [at] yahoocom" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> http://graphics.stanford.edu/~henrik/papers/smoke/
> That is html that explain exactly what I want!

This is a computational fluid dynamics simulation...to my knowledge,
nobody has done one with the ability to output to POV-Ray. Graphics
packages usually use particle systems for this sort of thing, which can
give convincing results, though not as accurate as this algorithm. There
are particle systems which include object interaction, your best bet is
to try one of those.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/