POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Plane as BLOB_ELEMENT? : Re: Plane as BLOB_ELEMENT? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:53:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plane as BLOB_ELEMENT?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Feb 2004 19:33:33
Message: <cjameshuff-149F08.19334304022004@news.povray.org>
In article <d8d020phautc3e4t63p3rj823bjtpf5372@4ax.com>,
 Andreas Kaiser <aka### [at] nurfuerspamde> wrote:

> Is there any interest in 'PLANE' as a element of the BLOB object? I
> introduced it in my private version when I tried to understand how
> BLOB works.
> It is not so overwhelming but easy to add.

Are you aware of the existence of my blob2 patch? It uses a completely
different solver (currently a bisection solver like the isosurface
object uses), and will eventually support plane components (as well as
many other shapes), and it uses an improved falloff function that gives
smoother blobs.

Do you think you could add toroidal components? Or boxes and sharp-edged
cylinder and cone components? The latter two shouldn't be too hard if
you have planes working...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/