POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Some ideas about SDL enhancements : Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:56:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 2 Apr 2003 16:55:41
Message: <cjameshuff-1493A3.16560902042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e8b35c1@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

> Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> > Your definition only works for
> > camera rays, it is meaningless for reflected or refracted rays.
>
>   If you read my article, I said that it would work in the same way
> as the alpha channel (+ua) works.

Ok, but that doesn't really help. It's still nothing like the
"background" or "sky_sphere" features.

Would a post_process filter that used the alpha channel to overlay the
image over another do what you want?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/