POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Importing DXF, WMF etc : Re: Importing DXF, WMF etc Server Time
19 May 2024 04:36:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Importing DXF, WMF etc
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Mar 2003 13:09:30
Message: <cjameshuff-14312E.13094114032003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e71d811$1@news.povray.org>, "CB" <col### [at] nospamcouk>
wrote:

> Is it possible to "import" objects or shapes created in other graphics
> drawing programs such as DXF meshes, WMF etc.

There are converters that can handle some of these things...I'm pretty
sure there's a DXF to POV converter, but I've never heard of WMF.

> In particular I have a shape which I created in CorelDraw which I can
> obviously export in various formats, and I'd like to be able to use it in
> PovRAY in an extruded form.

Hmm...I assume this is a vector drawing? Someone recently posted a
converter that generated POV-Ray prism objects from PDF or PostScript
files. Look in povray.binaries.utilities.

Alternatively, you could convert it to a black and white raster image
and use that as input for a height field. This isn't very efficient, and
has problems from the use of a height field (you might have trouble
getting the sides to look OK), but it might work.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/