POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : text & trace() bug : Re: text & trace() bug Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: text & trace() bug
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 25 Oct 2003 15:56:58
Message: <cjameshuff-12F1D7.15545425102003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <Xns### [at] 204213191226>,
 Alain <noe### [at] onca> wrote:

> Thanks but I just tried an intersection between text and a box or plane and
> the normals remain the same.  Unless I'm not understanding correctly.  Why
> two planes?

Actually, I don't think what I was thinking of is expressible in POV, so
just ignore that.
If the text object is untransformed, you could just check the z
component of the returned points and use that to decide whether to flip
the normal. You could do it even if the text is transformed, though it
would be a little more complex.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/