POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : iso surface for Fresnel mirror? : Re: iso surface for Fresnel mirror? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iso surface for Fresnel mirror?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Jun 2004 12:32:47
Message: <cjameshuff-11A1F5.11324912062004@news.povray.org>
In article <40caea20@news.povray.org>, Daniel Matthews <dan### [at] 3-enet>
wrote:

> My reading so far indicates that a zone plate pattern of two refraction
> values will act as a lens, and will work in POV.
> If such a flat lens is in contact with a mirror is should focus ans reflect?

I'm not sure what you're talking about here, but it sounds like you're
trying to simulate a diffraction effect. POV-Ray does not simulate
diffraction. Making a len from a pattern of two indices of refraction on
a flat surface is not possible in POV.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/