POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : But *how* to do the constant energy solution for particle physics? : Re: But *how* to do the constant energy solution for particle physics? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: But *how* to do the constant energy solution for particle physics?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 29 Feb 2004 22:11:05
Message: <cjameshuff-10429D.22120029022004@news.povray.org>
In article <4042a654$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Greg M. Johnson" <gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> Okay great info thanks all.
>
> I had heard that the gas giants were a Godsend in that they protected the
> earth from wandering asteroids and wanted to model it. Hence my desire for
> an actual working multi-body system.   Thanks.

That's one theory. Another theory is that Earth is so wet because of
comets smacked into it by the gas giants.

They do pull in a great deal of debris that comes too close to them, but
mostly stuff that would never go near Earth anyway. They also strongly
deflect debris orbits within a much greater volume than the volume they
"sweep clean", sometimes kicking it into the inner system.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/