POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Balls on a grid : Re: Balls on a grid Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Balls on a grid
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 6 Jun 2004 17:54:26
Message: <cjameshuff-0E0E85.16542906062004@news.povray.org>
In article <opr84wvpzke4dfwg@news.povray.org>,
 Phil Cook <phi### [at] rocainnospamfreeservecouk> wrote:

> Out of curiosity is there an easily explainable :) reason why you can't
> layer multiple object patterns? The obvious answer to this otherwise would
> have been to create the differenced cylinders texture and layer the text
> texture on top.

You can nest them, which lets you accomplish the same things. The object
pattern is about as simple as a pattern can get, supporting multiple
objects would be a lot more complex. I have been thinking about such a
patch, though...or rather, two similar patterns, one which "layers" each
object over the previous ones, and another which averages overlapping
objects together.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/