POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : while-loop in macro : Re: while-loop in macro Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: while-loop in macro
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2003 18:48:10
Message: <cjameshuff-0B0D6F.18444923022003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e5958e2@news.povray.org>,
 "Vadim Sytnikov" <syt### [at] rucom> wrote:

> > Huh? He didn't. Nobody mentioned anything compiling, which is good,
> > because POV doesn't compile anything. He did say it didn't work.
>
> I was referring to his words that "the macro itself is ok when rendered, but
> of course you only get a black screen.". That is, it seemed like he was
> complaining about the macro not working in some particular case. Maybe I
> just misundertood him.

Ah, I see...I understood this as "when I don't call the macro". His
macro will parse fine, as long as it isn't actually called. It won't
parse if it is called outside an object block, which might be what you
meant. (I don't think it will parse anywhere)

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/