POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Color Generation: How do I get rid of pink. : Re: Color Generation: How do I get rid of pink. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color Generation: How do I get rid of pink.
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 13 Jul 2003 16:01:11
Message: <cjameshuff-09FC06.14583613072003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3f11680f918f5c4d9cfc34200@news.povray.org>,
 "oldmicah" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Another option I've considered is to pregenerate a huge table of
> 'acceptable' colors and then pull randomly from it.  I'm just loathe to do
> the work of generating sever thousand good book colors.

Why would you need to? Make a table of a dozen or so colors. If that's
not enough, add some random variation to the colors. You could easily
set things up so you don't get pink unless you choose a pink base color.
And you could also control the probability of a book being a certain
color this way...make half the base colors shades of brown, and half
your books will be brown.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/