POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : pattern ideas : Re: pattern ideas Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:48:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pattern ideas
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Oct 2003 21:36:25
Message: <cjameshuff-097641.21342828102003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <Xns### [at] netplexaussieorg>,
 ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> Why only minimum distance? Because I couldn't figure out what the
> gradient of two overlapping spherical gradient should look like ... but
> then I remebered Chris' blob pattern. Now that could be a nice pattern_
> modifier and you could also use the second minimum distance etc.

I don't know if you thought of this, but your message came very close to
an old idea of mine...an extension to the blob pattern that works like
the crackle pattern, using the blob components instead of pseudo-random
points. I'm not really sure what you're thinking of here, but it seems
to be the other way around...a blob pattern generated on the fly the
same way the crackle pattern chooses its points.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/