POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 2 problems : Re: 2 problems Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2 problems
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 2 Nov 2003 19:17:51
Message: <cjameshuff-037BFE.19172902112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3fa45ec67933238264ba676d0@news.povray.org>,
 "Justin Smith" <t74### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> The air thickness looks about right, but I've noticed that objects casting
> shadows don't seem to be casting shadows through the air itself as I've
> seen in other scenes with media. Is there anything special I have to turn
> on that I've forgotten? There is a keyword "media_attenuation" that goes in
> the light_source but I'm not really sure if that is it, and since it
> currently takes about 6 hours to render this image with media, I think it
> would be quicker to ask here.

media_attenuation will have little effect with such a low-density media
except to slow it down. That feature controls the attenuation of light
passing through the media, which will probably be unnoticeable. The most
likely problem is that you don't have enough samples, there aren't
enough to pick up the shadows. Or they may just not be very visible with
the settings and angles you have.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/