POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photon - Cornell Box : Re: Photon - Cornell Box Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon - Cornell Box
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 20 Feb 2003 11:48:18
Message: <cjameshuff-01207F.11454420022003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3e547aa166b09a13fbe3eac40@news.povray.org>,
 "WhiteZebra" <ypo### [at] cogniscienceinccom> wrote:

> I'm trying to code the cornell box but using Photons Mapping instead of
> radiosity. So far, no success. I've got all my photons{} blocs in my
> global, light and objects. The scene is very simple but all I get is
> essentially the same render as with ray-trace only.

This last sentence shows a misunderstanding of how POV works. POV is a
raytracer, there is no "ray-trace only" mode, it is always raytracing.
The radiosity algorithm is not a patch subdivision method, it uses
raytracing to collect samples.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/