POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [DE] deutsches PovRay-Forum umgezogen! : Re: [DE] deutsches PovRay-Forum umgezogen! Server Time
2 Jun 2024 14:07:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [DE] deutsches PovRay-Forum umgezogen!
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Sep 2004 11:45:02
Message: <cj9c9n$1uf$1@chho.imagico.de>
Aztech wrote:

> It's the great problem. There are only a few postings in german because
> nobody really knows where to write and in which language. Most germans post
> in english because there is no german point to read and write ... and more
> germans have problem with english.

That's completely wrong, most Povers in these newsgroups with german as
primary language post in english because it is either more convenient
for them (i have less trouble formulating something POV-Ray related in
english than in german for example) or they know that they reach a much
larger audience by posting in english.

When you have a look at the german language threads in
povray.international you can see that most of the questions made there
have been answered after a short time.  A lot of people who can read and
write german are reading this group.  The fact that there are so few
threads only indicates that there are very few german POV-Ray users who
can't or do not want to post what they want to say in english.

> Because of this trouble I've build the german forum. news.povray.org is a
> bad point to find people of own language, sorry.

I am not sure what motivates you to post something like this but you
can't seriously claim to be able to assess this.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______