POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:06:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Chris Huff
Date: 10 Mar 2000 16:59:15
Message: <chrishuff_99-FAC613.17010310032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38c8c65d@news.povray.org>, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] sarakerttunencstutfi> wrote:

>   I think that there should some struct-type and reference-type data
>   types.
> This would allow, for example, making linked lists.

I think union could be used for this if the ability to bind variables
and macros to objects was added. I would also like to see a pointer-like
feature added(with checking for valid accesses, of course). I think this
is what you meant by "reference-type data types". Probably something to
think about for POV 4.0...(or 4.1) :-)

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom