POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Submission formats? : Re: PLC: Submission formats? Server Time
18 May 2024 05:10:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PLC: Submission formats?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 17 May 2000 17:31:58
Message: <chrishuff_99-F453DD.16352717052000@news.povray.org>
In article <3921b24e@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> It's just because... If we allow gradients and the like, how exactly
> can we prevent things like shading, reflection, and other complicated
> effects, which belongs to the custom formats only?

Just allow gradients but not "3D effects" like shading, reflection, and
so on. I don't see any real reason to disallow gradients in the color
version...

> > 120*120 isn't that big on many monitors, and
> > many of the smaller details on the fancy
> > versions could be lost... an upper limit should
> > be set, of course, maybe 300*300.
>
> So we have 2 custom formats of 120x120 max, and one custom at 300x300
> max?
> I don't like it personally, but if other think we should have it...

I just think something bigger than 120*120 is needed, at least for one
image.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/