POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math group? : Re: Math group? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math group?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Dec 1999 15:21:12
Message: <chrishuff_99-F1922B.15212302121999@news.povray.org>
In article <8E9### [at] 21212011381>, ing### [at] homenl (ingo)
wrote:

> Sounds like something for p.advanced-users to me.

Well, I always considered .advanced-users to be for advanced features of
POV-Ray, like media, radiosity, the more advanced objects, etc.

> Personally I don't think we need more groups. It's already difficult to
> remember what was in witch group if you want to look back at an older
> thread.

Which is why I think only a povray.binaries.math would be sufficient.
Oh, and you can't post binaries in .advanced-users. You could post
images in .binaries.images, but this makes them harder to find. I
suppose other types of binaries should probably just be linked to, even
though this means the link may dissapear in the future.
And I think .general would be a closer match to this type of problem.

Actually, this is just a random thought I had, I figured I would throw
it out for everyone to find all of the flaws in it. :-)

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom