POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Different error messages for same POV-file : Re: Different error messages for same POV-file Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:12:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Different error messages for same POV-file
From: Chris Huff
Date: 16 Mar 2000 17:44:44
Message: <chrishuff_99-D4B263.17464216032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38D15EDC.6F76A0B0@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> Chris Huff wrote:
>
> > I really wish POV-Ray would accept, if not require, semicolons at the
> > end of declarations. It should be a simple modification to make, at
> > least for someone who understands the declaration code(I don't).
>
> Why ?

So we don't have to remember which times a semicolon is required?
Currently, it is not consistant. You have to memorize the special
cases:float, vector, color... It would be easier to just allow a
semicolon at the end of every #declare and #local. If they were
required, it might even simplify the parser and make things a little
faster.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom