POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : texture : Re: texture Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:29:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 Feb 2000 12:38:58
Message: <chrishuff_99-D2A463.12401519022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38aebcbe@news.povray.org>, "Lance Birch" <-> wrote:

> The fast displacement mapping looks's nice.

But is probably only possible due to the objects being tesselated to
triangles...
However, I think it would be a useful feature to have the isosurface
object optionally be reduced to a triangle mesh. You could even use a
mesh version of the isosurface to bound one with the original solving
methods...this might give the displacement features you want.(while the
isosurface object doesn't need to be reduced to triangles to allow
displacement, it might render faster that way)

Anything else?(other than network and multithreaded stuff...)
The only things I could find were NURBS and lens effects. And lens
effects could be written for the post_process feature for MegaPOV(some
things like blur are already included).

Where is some specific information on the texturing capabilities? All I
could find was something saying there were over 40 patterns and blurred
reflection/refraction...

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom