POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reflection : Re: Reflection Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflection
From: Chris Huff
Date: 8 Dec 1999 07:09:25
Message: <chrishuff_99-BE3B98.07094508121999@news.povray.org>
In article <384E3B0C.44A128F6@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> Instead of using a sky_sphere apply your pigment to a normal sphere of
> the appropriate scale and then clip it with a plane so that the only
> part of the sphere that is left is behind the camera.

Wouldn't it work to use a normal sphere for the sky, and have it bounded
by an object identical to the mirror object? Something like:

#declare mirrorObject =
sphere {< 0, 0, 0>, 2.5 texture {mirrorTex}}

sphere {< 0, 0, 0>, 1//the "sky-sphere", an actual sphere
    texture {skyTex}
    scale 10000
    hollow//to avoid "camera in non-hollow object" warning
    bounded_by {object {mirrorObject}}
}

Note that you should set ambient to 1 for the sky texture, since you are
no longer using the sky_sphere. The sky_sphere isn't an actual object,
just a way of specifying the background with a pigment.

If I am wrong or have completely misunderstood the problem, blame it on
early-morning caffeine deprivation. :-)

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom