POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface hills : Re: Isosurface hills Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface hills
From: Chris Huff
Date: 18 Mar 2000 09:36:49
Message: <chrishuff_99-ABC303.09384918032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38D33F32.944064C4@unforgettable.com>,
inq### [at] unforgettablecom wrote:

> I vaguely remember someone complaining about a similar problem, and
> noting that using dents as a function eliminated the plateaus.

It doesn't eliminate them, but it makes them less noticeable. It just
cubes the noise3d function, which makes the change in curvature almost
invisible.(and I think it is one of the functions which has a special
evaluation method for normals in the official version)

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom