POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity for rock? : Re: Radiosity for rock? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity for rock?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 7 Dec 1999 16:32:40
Message: <chrishuff_99-A98043.16325907121999@news.povray.org>
In article <384### [at] my-dejanewscom>, gre### [at] my-dejanewscom
wrote:

> I fear that UVPOV would not have isosurfaces.  Can anyone say "3.5"?

Well, I think I heard Nathan was working on incorporating the Superpatch
into UVPov...and the next version of the Superpatch might contain the
radiosity stuff...but I don't know when those versions will be released
or if it will be before POV 3.5.

Hrm, the Smellenbergh Multipatch is based on UVPov 6.2(I think) and has
isosurfaces, trace, and a bunch of other Superpatch features. The source
is available, someone might be able to compile it for Windows(it is Mac
only).

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom