POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light inside a sphere filled with small holes : Re: Light inside a sphere filled with small holes Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light inside a sphere filled with small holes
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Feb 2000 12:54:56
Message: <chrishuff_99-A750BB.12562527022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38b95ad4@news.povray.org>, "Paul" <ran### [at] freenetcouk>
wrote:

> Firstly I want to created a hollow sphere that is filled with small
> holes. I imagine it looking like it's been sprayed with gunfire.
>
> Next I want to place a light source inside the sphere so that the light
> shines out through the holes and creates narrow beams of light, perhaps
> making use of some mist or fog.

Well, you could use a clipping shape to make the holes, or use CSG with
a transparent texture for the pieces being cut out. Like this:
difference {
    sphere {<0,0,0>,1 texture {SphereTex}}
    cylinder {<-1.1,0,0>, < 1.1,0,0>,0.1
        pigment {color rgbf <1,1,1,1>}
    }
}

To make the light beams visible, you need to use media. This can be slow
though, you might want to check out MegaPOV, which has some speed
enhancing features for media.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom