POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : While bug? or am I missing somthing? : Re: While bug? or am I missing somthing? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 07:55:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: While bug? or am I missing somthing?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Mar 2000 15:28:21
Message: <chrishuff_99-A3E467.15295803032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38c01059$1@news.povray.org>, "David" <dav### [at] maccom>
wrote:

> This is so strange.
> If I create some objects w/ a while loop POV says I'm out of memory.
> This happens even if I give POV 3.1 96MB and have only two objects in the
> loop. I can put in as many as I want by hand.
> Is this a bug or am I doing somthing wrong?
>
>     As a raytracing newbie, I awat an anwsore.

Are you sure the loop ends? If you control the loop with a counter
variable, but forget to increment the counter, it will keep looping and
creating objects until it runs out of memory.
#declare K=0;
#while(K<10)
    #declare K=K+1;// If this isn't here, the loop will never end
#end

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom