POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:33:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Chris Huff
Date: 11 Mar 2000 14:40:56
Message: <chrishuff_99-9CCA45.14424511032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38CA8F7A.D6CC37D6@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> > To do something like this without OO features, you would have to make a
> > special macro and set of variables for each object, separated only by a
> > unique name.
>
> Or to do this you can use a graphical modelling environment which is
> much better suited to this task than a text based scripting language
> is for example Moray with it's new animation plugin and it's IK
> abilities.

Ken, Ken, Ken. You should know better than that. I will just skip the
comment about using a modeller instead of hand coding and get to the
point: this was just an *example*. Even if your solution was valid for
all platforms and all cases objects need to be linked together, this
isn't the only reason for object oriented features. If it was, I would
be suggesting a way to link objects together instead.(which may actually
not be such a bad idea...)
Also, wouldn't a tree generator also be better implemented in a
graphical modelling environment? :-)

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom