POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lathe prism? : Re: Lathe prism? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lathe prism?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 14 Dec 1999 16:49:43
Message: <chrishuff_99-95D56E.16501414121999@news.povray.org>
In article <3856a988@news.povray.org>, "Jon S. Berndt" <jsb### [at] hal-pcorg>
wrote:

> I would like to define a curve which I can sweep out around the y-axis,
> almost like a lathe object. However, I'd also like to change the curve at
> various angles about the Y-axis. I don't believe this capability currently
> exists. Might this be a future capability, or does a patch add this?

Hmm, using a 3d spline(with angle for the 3rd dimension) to control the
points of the spline-interesting idea. I think it might be very
difficult to write this as a patch, though.
However, it would be possible to write a macro to generate a mesh, using
one of the spline patches would make that a lot easier.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom