POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : It's crazy, but I'm doing it... : Re: It's crazy, but I'm doing it... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's crazy, but I'm doing it...
From: Chris Huff
Date: 11 Jan 2000 09:36:19
Message: <chrishuff_99-935882.09363511012000@news.povray.org>
In article <387B0EF8.719177E3@xs4all.nl>, Remco de Korte
<rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote:

> It's not the programming language but the programmer that makes a
> program.

Well, I have heard a saying that goes something like "A cook is only as
good as his ingredients." I think it applies to programming, too.
Java maybe? It still isn't speedy, but is probably a lot more versatile
and definitely more portable.

> As far as I can see from his page and SSS John can do far
> better in Quickbasic then most people could in any other language.

Well, I can't really tell, because I don't know of a QuickBasic for Mac.
But he would have to be good in order to create the SSS.

> Admitted, QuickBasic isn't the latest RAD tool and won't get all the
> speed out of your machine but if you're used to POV parsing who cares?

Good point about the POV parsing...

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom