POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : texture : Re: texture Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture
From: Chris Huff
Date: 20 Feb 2000 10:53:05
Message: <chrishuff_99-7DA628.10542220022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38b00462@news.povray.org>, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] sarakerttunencstutfi> wrote:

>   You make it sound easy, but I think it isn't. How do you tesselate a
> f(x,y,z) function?

I think there is an algorithm called "marching cubes" which might be
sufficient. I believe it is commonly used in metaball
modellers/renderers which don't do render directly like POV does.

I don't actually know anything about this "marching cubes" algorithm,
but the name alone gives me some ideas...I don't think it would be an
easy feature to implement in POV though. Maybe in 4.0...

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom