POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Chris Huff
Date: 11 Mar 2000 09:36:27
Message: <chrishuff_99-7B4D10.09381611032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38CA4E30.DAF9FB3E@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> Strangely the GOTO command is one of the few in Qbasic I ever understood
> how to use successfully... Imagine that !

It isn't difficult to understand, it just usually leads to poorly
designed and hard to read "spaghetti code". It can be used to do
anything the #while loop and some of what #macro's can do, but the code
becomes almost impossible to understand. There are cases where it can
make a chunk of code(in C/C++/Java and probably the newer BASIC's)
easier to understand, but those are quite rare.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom