POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The C++ rewrite of POV - POV version 4.0 suggestions : Re: The C++ rewrite of POV - POV version 4.0 suggestions Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The C++ rewrite of POV - POV version 4.0 suggestions
From: Chris Huff
Date: 16 Mar 2000 16:03:01
Message: <chrishuff_99-77209D.16045716032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38D0F558.B878634F@nigels.com>, nig### [at] eisanetau wrote:

> 	Yes it should.  Enforced portability is very limiting.
> 	I'm talking about the portability of POV scenes,
> 	not the C implementation - which I agree should be
> 	kept portable.

You are kidding, right? If anything, the POV scenes should be more
portable. If it runs on one platform, it should run *exactly* the same
on another, regardless of the hardware or operating system. Otherwise,
it is an indication of a problem with the port.(and would lead to lots
of support problems)

> >   Pov scenes and the povray source code are two completely different
> >   things.
> > Don't mix them.
>
> 	I'm not, you are.

This started out as a discussion about the source code, you started
talking about scene files without clearly stating the switch(apparently
*nobody* knew you weren't talking about the source). So you were the one
mixing the two.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom