POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Flying over mountainous terrain : Re: Flying over mountainous terrain Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flying over mountainous terrain
From: Chris Huff
Date: 16 Apr 2000 17:02:20
Message: <chrishuff_99-5FCBBC.16050516042000@news.povray.org>
In article <38f99d00@news.povray.org>, "Bob Hughes"
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

> I've skipped using the 'hf_height_at' keyword so far but I might give
> that a try in this animation later.

I personally prefer to use trace(), since it works on any object. If you
decide later to have a flat area on the landscape using CSG or to use an
isosurface as the landscape, trace() will still work, but hf_height_at
won't...
Also, you can get the surface normal with trace(), which can be useful
for some things.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/