POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Eroded finish : Re: Eroded finish Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eroded finish
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Feb 2000 19:51:00
Message: <chrishuff_99-580CE6.19515102022000@news.povray.org>
In article <3898CE3A.30E36D45@peak.edu.ee>, Margus Ramst
<mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:

> I may be completely misinformed here, but couldn't something similar to
> the
> current isosurface evaluation method be used to determine curvature?

I am not sure what you mean...as I understand it, the isosurface solver
takes samples along the ray, using the maximum gradient of the function
to determine if there is a possible intersection between each pair of
samples. I don't see how this could be applied to finding the curvature
of a specific point.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom