POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Submission formats? : Re: Submission formats? Server Time
17 May 2024 23:08:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Submission formats?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 May 2000 16:33:57
Message: <chrishuff_99-3B09DA.15373119052000@news.povray.org>
In article <3924ec5b@news.povray.org>, "Philippe Debar"
<phi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I also think that a logo is much work. It is often better to spend
> his time furthering a low number of logo/concept to take them as far
> as one can then spending all his time brain-storming to get as many
> logo/concept as possible but perfecting none of them. Once again, if
> one want advice on which logo/concept to develop, one can ask, but I
> do not think this should be the purpose of the competition.
>
> I think a limit of 3 to 5 logo/author would be reasonable.
>
> It should be (imho) the author responsibility to choose the best
> between his tries, as this is (imho) also part of the design process.

I really think the author should decide how many he is capable of. And
his idea of his best logos might be unpopular(see my version of the eye
logo as an example. :-) ), or the majority of people could favor one
that he discarded.

However, dozens of minor variations of the same logo are another matter.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/