POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Opposite of Bounded/Clipped_by Vs. Triple Merge bug : Re: Opposite of Bounded/Clipped_by Vs. Triple Merge bug Server Time
29 Jun 2024 02:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Opposite of Bounded/Clipped_by Vs. Triple Merge bug
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Feb 2000 06:35:04
Message: <chrishuff_99-327AFA.06362824022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38b4ca25@news.povray.org>, "Mark Wagner"
<mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

> What you are looking for is a "symmetric difference" operation.  POV-Ray
> does not have this.

Not as a basic CSG operation, but I think this will do it...
difference {
    union {object {ObjA} object {ObjB}}
    intersection {object {ObjA} object {ObjB}}
}

Although I really don't see how this would be useful, except maybe as a
part of another CSG operation or as a media container. Even with a
transparent object, it should look almost the same as just using a union
because of the surfaces left behind by the difference.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom