POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Torus/Camera Angle Bug??? <15k jpg> : Re: Torus/Camera Angle Bug??? <15k jpg> Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:38:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus/Camera Angle Bug??? <15k jpg>
From: Chris Huff
Date: 21 May 2000 16:44:48
Message: <chrishuff_99-1D4478.15482621052000@news.povray.org>
In article <39280549@news.povray.org>, "Eric Freeman"
<eri### [at] datasynccom> wrote:

> I just got an email from the moderator explaining how the bugreports group
> works.  I'll post the code and a description of the problem in
> povray.general.

Actually, povray.text.scene-files would probably be a better group for
the source code.

> > With a camera angle of 1, the camera must be quite
> > far from the object.
>
> Yes.

How far?(I haven't looked at the code yet, sorry)

> > 2) an isosurface torus
>
> No, but if it's a bug in the program, that won't fix it.

Actually, it easily could fix it(or work around it, at least).
Isosurfaces (and isoblobs) have a completely different solving method
from all the other objects.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/