POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Chris Huff
Date: 14 Mar 2000 07:31:46
Message: <chrishuff_99-188E49.07333714032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38CDD5B5.36C4EB94@ij.net>, Matt Giwer <jul### [at] ijnet>
wrote:

> Chris Huff wrote:
>
> 	Pardon for deleting all of yours but this is my issue.
>
> 	If syntax is extended then those issues will have to be
> addressed. That is my point.

What issues? That is what I want you to clarify.

    The for loop is well defined, POV would use the existing definition,
which is quite possible with the POV syntax.

    There is no debate that I have seen over integer versus float
variables within a loop, and that is irrelevant anyway, since POV
doesn't have separate types for integer and float.

    The ++ and -- operators would not fit in the current syntax of POV,
so you can forget about them.

> One simple routine that can do everything is quite good enough.

So we should drop the #switch, #macro, and #while features and add #goto
and #label? And get rid of #local while we are at it...

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom