POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3dnoise docs : Re: 3dnoise docs Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3dnoise docs
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Dec 1999 19:02:15
Message: <chrishuff_99-102C98.19023709121999@news.povray.org>
In article <384FF0FD.2595CE04@my-dejanews.com>,
gre### [at] my-dejanewscom wrote:

> Q2:  So what are the operational thingies that work with the isosurface?
>     & is and or intersection,

Here is a list of the functions, operators, and keywords available in
the isosurface functions, I am not sure where I got it or if it is
complete, though.

x  y  z
abs  sqr  sqrt  cub  exp
sin  asin  sinh  asinh
cos  acos  cosh  acosh
tan  atan  tanh  atanh
min  max  noise3d
+  -  *  /  ^  &  |  %

In the Smellenbergh Multipatch, there is also a if() function. I don't
know if it is in the Superpatch. I think it is used like:
if(A, B, C)
If A is true, B is used, otherwise, C is used.

& is AND, it is used like: funcA() & funcB(). The resulting isosurface
is like an intersection of funcA() and funcB().(all points where both
funcA AND funcB are below threshold)

| is OR, it is used like the same as &. The resulting isosurface is like
a merge of funcA() and funcB().(all points where either funcA OR funcB
are below threshold)

^ is not XOR, it is the power operator. a^b means a to the power of b.
% id probably modulus, although I have never used it. a%b is the
remainder of a/b.

The others are pretty self explanatory or documented functions identical
to the normal POV versions.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom