POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:11:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Chris Huff
Date: 13 Mar 2000 06:10:47
Message: <chrishuff_99-07FFD6.06123813032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38CC8493.A5135501@ij.net>, Matt Giwer <jul### [at] ijnet>
wrote:

> 	I mean implementation differences. On an i++ while you can get a
> debate started among purists as to while i < 5 should bail out or
> 4 or 5 in that should the < be checked before or after evaluating
> and changing the variables in the loop.

Implementation differences between POV and what? There is still only one
parser currently available.
And we are talking about for loops, not the ++ operator. The ++ operator
is well defined, no reason for debate over it, and most likely couldn't
be applied to POV syntax without completely redesigning the variable
syntax.
A #for(;;) loop is also well defined and quite possible with POV syntax.

> 	You can get another debate on permitting i to be both integer
> and float.

Huh...what? POV doesn't have integer types, everything is a floating
point number. And how would this be a debate?

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom