POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Personal Update : Re: Personal Update Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Personal Update
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 20 Jan 2002 14:36:50
Message: <chrishuff-F91B65.14374720012002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c4b19f4$1@news.povray.org>, "JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> No wait. I just re-read your post: are you saying I cannot give the
> environment clock-dependant tranformations?

That's what I've been saying. Transformations are done at parse time,
the particle system has no idea how they are changing. As far as the
particle systems are concerned, the objects only have position, their
velocity is zero. The whole point of my dynamic_transform patch is to
make clock-dependant transforms.