POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Plastic : Re: Plastic Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plastic
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 10 Nov 2002 12:33:13
Message: <chrishuff-F62EE5.12325610112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dce9096@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   Of course it has, but I would be really surprised if it would be the
> same as glass has.

Depends on the plastic. "Plastic" and "glass" are far too imprecise, but
the range of iors in plastics is probably wider than that of glasses. I
know polycarbonate plastics can have an ior of up to 1.6. I've seen
plastic lenses for eyeglasses with an ior of 1.66 (maybe a kind of
polycarbonate). Plastics do usually have a lower ior though.
Don't confuse optical density with real density.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/